Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jam/Nutella Filled Croissant (Super easy!)

Share it Please

Let's face it, I'm probably the laziest person on earth.  If I can help it, I'll usually try to find shortcuts for baking.  (Except for boxed cake mix, there's just a weird taste in them that I hate so much.)

Anyways, during the school year, some girl in our class brought in these apricot rolls that her mom made, and I still crave it to this day.  But since I'm not about to ask someone else's mother to bake for me, I've taken matters into my own hands.  By trying to recreate the apricot rolls that her mother had made.  

Lazy person+strong craving for apricot rolls= This easy recipe.

So easy even my non-baking friends can do it.





Only 3 simple ingredients! (for us lazy bakers! :D)




Before you do anything, preheat the oven to 375F (approx. 190C)
Now let's begin!


Open up the can of croissant, I used just the original, no butter or anything fancy.  Seriously, opening the can is the hardest part of making these little croissants.


Next, spread your favourite jam/filling on a piece of the triangle croissant dough.  For my jam croissants, I chose apricot jam.  Make sure to not put too much on there, just a light layer will be fine.







Here comes the fun part, rolling your croissant!  Start from the shortest side of the triangle and roll towards the top.  As you can see, I added a little too much jam (oops!) and it spilled out the side, but that's alright!  I'll just have to restrain myself from adding too much jam on the next one!







Since there are 8 croissant dough pieces, I decided to do half of them with apricot jam and the other half with my favourite Nutella!  The Nutella is a lot less messy to deal with and look, no spillage!  


Once you've finishing rolling all of the croissants, place them on a baking pan with a piece of parchment paper on top, so that the croissant will not stick and you can save yourself a pan for washing.  


Put your croissants in the middle rack and bake for 12 minutes.


12 minutes of waiting later...


Ta-Da!
 Perfectly flaky croissants with filled centers!


Just look at that deliciousness!

Yum!

Enjoy!
Wing :D


No comments:

Post a Comment