Thursday, November 28, 2013

French Toast Roll Ups!

Share it Please
First of all, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

A while back, I promised you guys a recipe.
Now I know I'm super late, but better late than never, right?

Super easy to make, great for a quick breakfast that also seems pretty fancy!
(For those few who did not prepare for a Thanksgiving breakfast, I got your back ;D)

I came upon this recipe on Pinterest I think, but I do not remember the original poster...(I think it might have been from the Pioneer Woman, but I'm not sure, sorry!)

This dish is relatively easy and great for breakfast!
It's a cute and tasty spin on the classic French Toast.




So, without further ado, here's the recipe!

*Side note: I don't know why my pictures' positions are all messed up! Sorry about that!


Here's what you'll need:

  • A loaf of bread (any kind will do, I used whole wheat :))
  • Any kind of spread (i.e. Jam, Nutella, Cream Cheese, Peanut Butter, etc.)
  • An egg or two (depending on how many you're planning on making, I used one egg for four roll ups)
  • Any Fruit, Diced (I used strawberries)
  • Cinnamon Sugar


Now that you got everything you need, let's get started!

                                      
                                      

First things first, de-crust all of your bread slices!

   

Then, with a rolling pin, flatten all slices. 


Get your fruits and spreads ready, this is where the fun part starts!

                                
                                                    



Put some spread on one end, add some fruits and roll the whole thing up!


Don't forget to add a little bit more spread at the end so it can seal up good!

                             

Do the same with the other spread...


Now that the rolling part is over, time to fry them!

                             

Prepare an egg wash to dip your roll ups in and melt some butter on that pan...

              
             


Make sure to fry them on ALL sides until golden!


And finally, roll them in some cinnamon sugar!


And there you have it!  Pure yumminess!


Sweet and crunchy on the outside, melty heavenly on the inside!

And that concludes this recipe!
Hope you guys enjoyed it and let me know how it went!

Have a wonderful rest of the day!
Wing :)






No comments:

Post a Comment